- In the early years of Magic, random quantities of AP’s were issued to the artists. In later editions, the average amount was 50 for non-foil and 30 for foil. The aforementioned numbers were not always precise but close to that.
- After several years of creating Magic art, Terese began signing and numbering the artist proofs. Again, the early sets were not numbered.
- All AP’s do come signed. Most of the AP’s are signed with a black Sharpie. There is an occasional exception to that as a few of the AP’s remaining from very early editions were signed with a silver pen. Foil artist proofs are signed and numbered in gold.
- Terese’s signature has evolved through the 20+ years that she started signing. If you are collecting some of her older cards that were signed at that time you will notice the evolution of a block-style signature to her current more fluid, circular signature.
- Modern Masters was the first set wherein Terese was issued foil artist proofs.
- Keep in mind some of the oldest cards have been around for a couple of decades and the white-back is not a sparkly, brilliant, white anymore.
- With many of the sets, Terese signed the cards when she received them, so specific pen-colors and signature requests are not possible.
- If you don’t see a card in the store that Terese had in a particular set, then it is sold out. Artist proof cards from 2018-2020 will be added soon.
Card Type: Enchantment
Casting Cost: 2
Card Text: Choose a card in your hand and put it on top of your library: Prevent all damage from an instant or sorcery.
(Treat further damage from that source normally.)
Oracle Text: Put a card from your hand on top of your library: Prevent all damage that would be dealt by target instant or sorcery spell this turn.
Flavor Text: After an hour in the hidey-hole, Squee seriously pondered the advantages of danger over boredom.
Artist: Terese Nielsen