- In the early years of Magic, random quantities of AP’s were issued to the artists. In later editions, the average amount was 50 for non-foil and 30 for foil. The aforementioned numbers were not always precise but close to that.
- After several years of creating Magic art, Terese began signing and numbering the artist proofs. Again, the early sets were not numbered.
- All AP’s do come signed. Most of the AP’s are signed with a black Sharpie. There is an occasional exception to that as a few of the AP’s remaining from very early editions were signed with a silver pen. Foil artist proofs are signed and numbered in gold.
- Terese’s signature has evolved through the 20+ years that she started signing. If you are collecting some of her older cards that were signed at that time you will notice the evolution of a block-style signature to her current more fluid, circular signature.
- Modern Masters was the first set wherein Terese was issued foil artist proofs.
- Keep in mind some of the oldest cards have been around for a couple of decades and the white-back is not a sparkly, brilliant, white anymore.
- With many of the sets, Terese signed the cards when she received them, so specific pen-colors and signature requests are not possible.
- If you don’t see a card in the store that Terese had in a particular set, then it is sold out. Artist proof cards from 2018-2020 will be added soon.
Set: Planar Chaos
Card Type: Creature
Creature Type: Gargoyle
Casting Cost: 3
Card Text: Flying
As Voidstone Gargoyle comes into play, name a nonland card.
The named card can’t be played.
Activated abilities of permanents with that name can’t be played.
Activated abilities of cards with that name that aren’t in play can’t be played.
Oracle Text: Flying
As Voidstone Gargoyle enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.
The named card can’t be cast.
Activated abilities of sources with the chosen name can’t be activated.
Artist: Terese Nielsen